Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lake Lure

Lake LureOne fine Saturday evening, I took the kids on a drive down to Lake Lure while Martha got a much needed break. (Though her break included studying for a test she had on Monday morning.) The drive down to Lake Lure is fantastic along old two-lane highways that twist and turn through the mountains of western North Carolina.

Along the way there are a number of touristy-type shops--some of which I noticed have closed down due to the struggling economy--but the shops around Lake Lure and Chimney Rock still seem to be doing some bustling business.

The kids and I had a great time walking along the lake and playing at the playground.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like fun!

Carrie said...

Lake Lure is such a great place! Hope Martha did great on her test. I also hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I pulled off a 'B', which I was happy with.

Everyone enjoyed the time out!